The purpose of the awards is to celebrate the Ghanaian radio and TV fanbase communities! The Award scheme is a platform to recognize and appreciate fans or fans who assist in growing the brands of radio and TV stations in Ghana. The nominees under some categories are fanbase communities or groups for radio and TV programs that have done extraordinary things, whether it be calling in during on air programs, or promoting the various on air programs via social media or forming groups on campus etc. These categories are fun awards to hand down, mostly because in the vast Radio and TV awards ecosystem that is in existence, a few of them recognize the fans — even though they’re often responsible for voting on said awards! Other categories will recognize Ghanaian radio and TV brands that have won the hearts of the most number of fans.
This award scheme also seeks to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of the various Radio and TV fanbase and fans. It also seeks to provide a forum to collectively contribute to the growth and development of the media (Radio/Tv) in Ghana. This would be done through nominations of various fanbase groups, vetting and then public voting.
This first edition of the Radio & TV Fanbase Awards will attract media game players and fanbase communities who will witness an array of activities from exhibition, performances and sales.
This awards is themed. “Promoting Radio and TV Fandom in Ghana”
The Goal of the Awards is to:
- Recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of the various Radio and Tv Stations in the country.
- Recognize and celebrate the people (fans) and groups (fanbase) who have stood by these stations and supported them through it all.
- Encourage more people to support, listen and watch our media stations.
- To help promote our local media industry to the world
- To bridge the gap between the media stations and their audience
- To collectively contribute to the growth and development of the media (Radio/Tv) in Ghana by providing the platform to recognize people who make the great.